Canyons Minakami base is nestled in the Tanigawa mountain range that is home to 10 ski resorts, the closest being 200m from our back door. Within 60 mins there are over 40 ski resorts to choose from, including some of the largest resorts in Japan. The snow quality and volume of snow is rated in the top 3 in Japan, providing the perfect playground for winter activities and creating a long season that starts early December and goes through to late April.
The Canyons run Alpine Lodge provides the ideal base camp. Space to chill, exercise and be energetic or recover for the next adventure! Combined with our sister lodge 300m up the road, we can accommodate groups of up to 100 people.
Groups can choose activities from our standard menu or we can work with your group to create a customized solution.
- Amazing consistant snow conditions with a long season from Dec- April.
- A large variety of ski resorts to choose from.
- Easy access from Tokyo and airport (under 3 hours)
- Uncrowded ski resorts. NO time waiting in lift ques and NO trying to dodging the traffic.
- Plenty of "off the slopes" activities.
- Ski or snowboard lessons
- Ski racing
- Cross country skiing
- Snowball X
- Snow based teambuilding
- Snow science
- Cultural tours
- Temples & shrines
- Traditional craft village
- Japanese drum workshops
- Evening games and entertainment
Please contact us for further information or any enquiries about Winter outdoor education.